10 Things to do on a date with your daughter.
- Dress up for the occasion. Dressing nicely will let her know you take this date seriously. Definitely lose the gym shorts and shoes without socks.
- Make sure she's happy with her outfit. If you daughter doesn't "feel" pretty, she won't have a good time with you. If you can afford it, offer to take her shopping beforehand to pick out an outfit she really likes.
- Buy her flowers before you go. If you want to get really creative, have a single white rose in the middle of a dozen red roses and talk about how much she really does stand out.
- Hold open doors. Show her what a gentleman looks like and what she needs to expect from her future dates.
- Take her to an upscale restaurant. Save up and take her somewhere really nice. This is not an Arby's kind of night.
- Give her a meaningful gift of some kind. It doesn't have to be expensive, just something she will keep and every time she looks at it, think of you.
- Have the conversation revolve around encouraging her. This is not a time for you to lecture, but to listen and encourage. Share with her all the things you love and appreciate about her.
- Share with her some of the first dates you had with her mother. She'll get a big kick about hearing how you had the best leisure suit at your high school back in the day.
- Talk about what your next daddy/daughter date should be as your heading home or on to your next activity,
- Leave a thank you card on her pillow the next day. Write how much you appreciated getting to spend time with her.
Taken from All Pro Dad: http://www.allprodad.com/top10/parenting/10-things-to-do-on-a-date-with-your-daughter